Follow me on Twitter:

Follow me on Twitter: @matt_claus

Thursday 15 March 2012

More controversial stuff from my brain...

This picture kicks almost too much ass
I often want to sit down and do another blog, because frankly I really do enjoy writing.  I never know what's going to end up on this page until it spills from my fingers, and then I'm off to a magic place known as...  Well I don't know what it's known as.  If I knew I guess I could go there more often.  The only thing I'm sure of is there is probably surfing unicorns there.  I actually photoshopped this picture together myself, I'm quite proud of it.  One day I wanted to see a surfing unicorn, and much to my disappointment, there was no images of surfing unicorns on Google.  So I took matters into my own hands.  Thus the surfing unicorn was born.  I still think it would be a kick ass t-shirt, and may still get around to that.

So I actually got quite a few comments on my last blog:  Atheists and Other Belief's.  Not so many written on the page itself, but people who approached me personally.  It is nice to know I'm being read, in fact it is quite a rush.  It's also pretty cool that I'm actually getting people who I don't know reading it.  All the stats show I've got lots of American readers, and some as far away as Russia and New Zealand.  (But I know my NZ friend, but still it's cool to see you here Jenn.)

Strawberry bitches!
One of the things most people asked me is what I was going to write about next, and gave me lots of ideas for controversial topics.  Political correctness, Joseph Kony, abortion, racism, and which is better:  Chocolate or Vanilla?  (The answer by the way of course is Strawberry) While I do have many opinions to share, and some are indeed against the norm.  Hell most are against the norm.  I kind of thrive on playing devils advocate...  I don't really want to be known as the controversial guy.  I'm just a guy who spits out his thoughts, and hopefully gives you a chuckle as I have low self esteem and validation for my thoughts is what I crave more than anything.  (LOOK AT ME, COMPLIMENT ME, LOVE ME!!!)  As such, I also need to please everyone so here are my short answers to the controversies. 

Political Correctness:  Full of crap and censorship of the worst kind.  To be able to tell anyone that they can't say something because they might offend someone takes away a basic human right.  They have the right to say it, and you have the right to be offended.  You don't have the right to shut someone up if you don't like what they say, but you have the right to not like it, and not listen to it.

Controversialy stolen from someone else's blog...
I gave them a thumbs up, so it's OK.
Joseph Kony:  Horrible horrible person, but as I understand it, probably just as horrible as what he's fighting against.  The Ugandan government doesn't have a stellar human rights track record either.  There is no clear solution to the issue save the Ugandan people need to make that decision of what they want and take it.

Abortion:  This ones tough...  No one has the right to tell you what to decide to do.  I don't believe that it should be used as a birth control method, but neither do I believe that a child should ever be raised by someone who can't support it.  I'd like to say that adoption would be the best solution in my opinion, but I don't have, nor do I want the right to tell you what to do.

Racism:  The only way to truly abolish racism is to deny it's existence, because in a truly racism free society, no one would look at anyone as anything more than a human.  The thought of anyone being different wouldn't exist.  However, we must acknowledge that it does exist to be able to stop acknowledging it.  Strange one. 

Chocolate vs. Vanilla?  See the above picture.

Well see there I went being all controversial again!  I really don't want to be that guy.


A broken record player which keeps playing
The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins by Leonard Nemoy.


 I want to make you laugh, and if I can't then what's the point of doing this after all.  OK, people stop asking me to write about politics.  I'd much rather write about the movie I just saw.  Thor.  It was good.  I really thought the way Loki wrestled power away from Odin and Thor was symbolic of the way Steven Harper beat the Liberals and NDP...  Damn it.  OK, that was a cheap joke, I'm better than that.  I'm like a sad clown...  A washed up satirist...  A broken down record player, just spinning the same track over and over and over.
I always thought he got a bad rap.
You know it's a funny thing, just listening to that song once makes me feel better about myself.  I mean I know Spock made a lot more money that I can ever dream of, and he's considered famous the world over.  I'll probably never achieve those levels of success, but on the other hand, I'll never have to endure the humiliation of knowing that I wrote that song.  It kind of makes me feel good about myself actually.  I'm an OK guy.  Who cares if people like me.  I can hold my head high and know that the worst contribution to music I'll ever make is a bad rendition of Wanted Dead or Alive at Karaoke. I mean I guess someone could tape it and put me on YouTube, and I could become the next Star Wars Kid or something, but I think that's pretty unlikely.
OK...  I'm good.  I'll write again, but I don't think I'll try and please you next time.  No more surfing unicorns, no more statements of political whateverness, no more needless Spock references.  I'm just going to write about what I want to write about!  Which will probably be about unicorns, politics, and maybe turtles.  But for now, I'm hungry...  I'm gonna go eat!

Seasoned with salt water, rainbows, and tears of small girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment